Tortworth Estate is a privately owned rural estate located in South Gloucestershire and has been owned by the Moreton family since 1620.
The estate comprises approximately 4500 acres. Agriculture has traditionally been the main land use on the estate, covering 3500 acres. 1050 acres of which is managed in-hand with the rest let to 9 agricultural tenants.
There are 450 acres of mainly broadleaf woodland, which are managed in house by the estate forestry department.
The estates principle business is the management of both residential and commercial properties. There is a very diverse portfolio of properties; from the traditional farmhouses and estate cottages, to a primary school and two roadstone quarries. The properties, both residential and commercial, are maintained to a very high standard by the estates own maintenance department.
The estate also has 2 fresh water lakes. One is stocked with coarse fish and is let to a local angling club. The other is stocked with trout, with season and day tickets being available from the Estate Office.